Y Eat Healthy Cooking Classes
Thanks to a HEPA (Healthy Eating and Physical Standards) grant and partnership with the Hopkins County Cooperative Extension, our Preschool and After School Programs are participating in a YMCA Nutrition Program - Y Eat Healthy! Adopting these standards is part of the Y's commitment to end the threat of childhood obesity. Our approach is to create a hands-on atmosphere where our preschool, afterschool kids, and day campers can participate in the preparation of nourishing foods for the entire family. The 4H Support Staff will teach the class once a month for our students, and quarterly we will open the classes to parents and community. December's Topic was hand washing and healthy habits, and the children learned how to build a nutritious snowman out of strawberries and bananas. Future topics include table manners, healthier choices, food preparations and "Fresh is Best."
Preschool and After School Care
2015/2016 School Year: If you are looking for all day preschool/child care as well as after school care, then we have options for you! All enrollment forms, financial assistance forms can be picked up at the YMCA Kid Center Monday-Friday from 6am-6pm. For questions and additional information phone 270-825-1254. In order to enroll and hold your spot, the enrollment form and registration must be paid in full at the Kid Center.
Our all day preschool program is open to kids ages 3 & 4 and they must be potty trained. We will also accept 5 year old that are not going to Kindergarten. Our program features a fun and hands-on learning environment with loving and caring staff. Breakfast, lunch and snack are provided to each child enrolled. Open Monday-Friday from 6am-6pm.
After School Program until 6pm
We offer after school care for school age children at the following locations. We have limited transportation available to pick up your child at their school or some schools will transport your child to the YMCA Main Center. You will need to check with your school regarding the transportation needs. After school snack is provided during this program.
- YMCA Main Kid Center
- West Broadway Elementary
- Hanson Elementary
Before & After School Program
We offer before and after school care at the YMCA Kid Center. Your child can arrive at the center at 6am and we will then transport them to and from school. Afternoon snack is included in this program.
Rates and Fees
$30 Individual or $45 Family YMCA Member or Non-Member
All Day Preschool Care
$85 YMCA Member or $100 Non-Member (Breakfast, Lunch, Snack Included)
After School Care
$50 YMCA Member or $65 Non-Member (Snack & Transportation Included)
Before School Care
$20 YMCA Member or $35 Non-Member
Before & After School Care
$60 YMCA Member or $75 Non-Member (Snack & Transportation Included)
All Day Care for After School (Non-School Days)
Additional Daily Fee: $10 YMCA Member or $15 Non-Member
Late Pickup* $1.00 Per Minute
Field Trip Fee: Varies based on destination
- All rates are weekly unless noted otherwise.
- All weekly payments are due on Monday of the week of care. Any account that is not paid will result in termination of all YMCA services and privileges.
- There is a $5.00 discount for additional children enrolled from the same family. This includes children on state assistance and YMCA scholarship.
- All accounts charges weekly and must be paid weekly, regardless of child's attendance, to hold the slot for school year. (the only exceptions are the weeks of Fall Break, Christmas Break and Spring Break.) Each child is allowed 5 absent days per school year, which may be used if your child is unable to come to childcare.
- Financial assistance is available for all YMCA programs and memberships. If you are in need of financial assistance, contact any YMCA staff member. The HOPKINS COUNTY FAMILY YMCA is a partner agency of the United Way of the Coalfield.
- *excessive abuse of late pick-ups could result in termination from program.
- Rates subject to change. Please contact the YMCA if you have questions.