Across the United States, more than 500,000 business leaders, community advocates, parents, teens and individuals who want to give back and support their neighbors volunteer at the Y. That's because in 10,000 neighborhoods nationwide we have the presence and partnerships to not just promise, but deliver positive, personal and social change. With a focus on youth development, healthy living and social responsibility, Y volunteers give men, women and children from all walks of life the resources and support they need to be healthy, confident, connected and secure.
What Can Volunteers Do?
- Lead our Boards of Directors and committees.
- Raise funds to help us help others.
- Coach our sports teams or teach our classes'
- Motivate and support youth in building the character strengths, skills and relationships that lead to positive behaviors, better health, smart life choices, and the pursuit of higher education and goals
- Help others do more, be more or live healthier
- Advocate for the Y's efforts to influence policies and initiatives that positively impact societal issues of importance to the nation, and your community
- Participate in giving back and supporting our neighbors